Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love & Crayons

Love is like a box of crayons....it comes in so many colors, some break, some get all used up, some have to be sharpened with that really cool crayon sharpener on the back of the box. I feel sometimes that all my crayons have been broken into little unusable pieces, unfit for coloring anymore. But then, I remember that show I saw that tells me how I can still use them. I am to melt all the crayons and make one LARGE multi-color crayon...now I have a rainbow of a crayon to share with those around me. Or to give to one boy and his dog to go scribble in the walls with!

I do not know a more deserving person than my boy and his dog to recieve my rainbow crayon, it is all the little bits of who I am, what I love, the things I see and hear. I will gladly share it with him and watch the beautiful, intricate, sometimes WILD patterns he makes with it. I will not take it away from him, no matter the circumstance, if he wishes, I will color with him.

I love my boy and his dog like the tree loves the wind. The wind can sometimes be harsh, but the tree stands firm. The wind knocks off the leaves, but that is part of it's growth. If a branch breaks, it was due to it being weak, and weak branches sap the life from the whole tree. Most of the time though, the tree is caressed by the wind, it sways to the feel of the wind blowing softly around it. The branches and leaves make a glorious song in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make your opinion known, but do so in a non hateful manner or I will be forced to delete your comment . Thank you!